Friday, August 1, 2008

Hello

Today is my birthday....

I'm going to the spa...

Woah Dude...

Anyway, my Etsy contest ends tonight if anyone still wants to enter. Just scroll down a couple of posts to leave a comment about what your favorite piece of art might be.

I have presents for you guys!!! Sort of...

I joined the "Knitting 20th Century Novels" group through ravelry, and the moderator (Glenna, who is a fabulous knitter and writer!) is letting me post the reading list here too! So if any of you want to read along with us you can. They have already put together a reading schedule that we can use. It's a great list, and if you want to use the books as inspiration to do something crafty that would be even more fun! I can post links to the discussions here and if you do something crafty I can post pictures here, or I can ask Glenna if we can start a flickr group. Oh my, I'm so excited! I've not read a single book on this list!

The Books and Schedule:
Rebecca, by Daphne DuMaurier (August 1-Sept. 15)
Lolita, by Viktor Nabokov (Aug 1-Sept 15, 2009)




Also, I just found the Book Inscriptions Project through The Sheila Variations blog. I think this would be something fun for us to do as well! I have already thought of a couple of books that have inscriptions I could add, and it would give me an excuse to go the the antique stores down the street. SCORE! (I'll have to do a post about my vintage/antique book collection.)





"So that's what I got, don't start a riot, you'll feel it when the band gets hot" Sublime...
Couldn't help it! Have fabulous days...

2 comments:

Mommy Daisy said...

Happy Birthday! Have fun at the spa today!

CP said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I'm waiting over at Twitter to hear how the spa went. I hope you are having a wonderful time!