Thursday, September 9, 2010

Comfort Me With Apples


This morning we remembered to eat our apples and honey.

Then we all preceded to be extremely grumpy at each other all morning.

Then it was nap time. Not even Harry Potter could bring us together.

I'm declaring the rest of today a Comfort Day.

Right now that means extra coffee, extra SpongeBob, and a yummy snack.

Later, it means trying out new pasta shapes with dinner: Ditalini and Radiatore.

Before bed, it means giving Harry Another go, and adding as many extra stories as Mama's eyeballs can stand.

My husband's blood sugar has been finicky all day and he's bringing home a disk full of Winston's very first baby pictures.

Comfort...

I have two new pink-topped stools in my garage.

My Amber sent me the link to this recipe, which may very well happen on Sunday for Grandparents Day: http://realmomkitchen.com/27/german-apple-pancakes/

Minnow will be One Year Old in 15 days.




4 comments:

Aleighy said...

ILY mama. I just want to be carried around with you all day. You make me smile and give me such great ideas on how to be a better mommy.

I think I may stitch myself to your heart so I can be with you always...

xoxo

Swistle said...

YES, sometimes a Comfort Day is the only thing that helps. We make "nests" out of pillows and blankets on the couch, and we have extra juice---basically the same as a Sick Day, except we also have cookies.

Your math is wrong: he will be 1 in 358 days, because I am SURE he was JUST born last WEEK.

Mommy Daisy said...

We all need those days now & then. Also...15 days? No way! I can't believe how big he's gotten!

MzEll said...

Thank you guys!! Did you see the video of him WALKING? He is bowing my mind...

Comfort is carrying through to the weekend too. Too much self-made pressure is no fun for any of us :)

Sunday? We're making nests!