Friday, March 21, 2008

Hair

My first baby had his first real haircut today.  He will be three in May.  He looks like the most beautiful hippie skater kid ever.  I love him even more, if that's possible, because I can now see a larger small glimpse of who he's becoming.  I know this was a hard decision for The Mr.  I know he would have rather left long for longer.  Thank you for being brave my husband.

The funny thing is that his hair was so long that it's actually about the same length now, after being cut, that it was when he was 18 months old.  So he made a circle really.  An only boy, almost big brother, big boy circle.  I will miss putting those small circles in his hair to hold it back.  He called himself a handsome hippie.  He still is.  I can still put it up on top of his head like Bam Bam from the Flinstones.  

The excitement over all the things I feel ready to do with him now is the best part.  We talked about the haircut for so long.  We talked about all the things we would do after the haircut for so long.  The number one thing he wants to do?  Go to the library.  He is a precious boy.  

I can't wait to get there.

No comments: