Friday, November 7, 2008

Genius

We were standing in line at Blockbuster, waiting to pay for our movies. Winston asked what the name of some candy was and I told him I didn't know. I was busy trying to keep Wednesday from grabbing all the candy and making a huge mess. So Winston goes "Guh, Ahh, Buh, Ssss. Gob-sllj;jfihg" He read half a word people. HE READ HALF OF A WORD!!!! HE IS ONLY THREE!!!! The candy was, of course, gobstoppers. Something we have never bought, so he couldn't cheat by just recognizing the box. The lady in front of us turned around and smiled at him. I am so extremely impressed with him. Holy Majolie!!!!!

He's been doing all kind of serious pre-reading stuff forever, and working with "a-t" and various consonants at school. This is the first time that he's sounded things out and then put the sounds together for a word. I am so excited. Reading is like a whole world opening, and it's coming so close for him.

I love you, Winston. You are an incredible boy, and I am so proud to be your Mommy.

No comments: