Thursday, January 29, 2009

So What Had Happened Was...

We're having the floor fixed.  Two summers ago is got so hot, and was so wet for so long, that it bucked the floors in the kitchen and the den.  Eventually the floor cracked and, in the kitchen at least, started to come up all on it's own.  So we put rugs over it, and called it a day.

But for some reason, we decided when we were coming back form LA the last time that we were going to have it fixed.

So now the cats are in the back of the house covering every surface with cat hair and gunk, we are staying at my MIL's, and my floor is white with primer.  The actual color is supposed to be darker, and that's why I'm sitting in my deconstructed house waiting for the painters.  I need to know that my floor will in fact be the color of "fond memories" (HA!), and not off white.  

After they show up we are sooo going to the bookstore, and I am sooo buying a stupid werewolf/vampire book.  

They are supposed to come back tomorrow and move the fridge in form the garage, along with all of the other den/kitchen furniture.  Then I have to clean the back of the house like no body's business...blech...  THEN, we're supposed to have the carpet replace in the living room/entryway, and have the light/fan fixed in the boys room, and get a new TV, and a new bed for the boys...and and and...this all sounds good in theory, but I'm not good at being kicked out of my own house.

I want to go through the toys as well and get rid of what we can.

I have lots of other things I'd like to write about.  I have a brother centered post: tattoos, concerts, and Bambi music; I want to write about Olivia, and something else..we'll see.

My punctuation is horrid, but this is my home place and it can be disheveled... 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I HATE being kicked out of my own house! I just went through that. It was awful! My dogs had to live in the garage, and we had to actually move to another house a block over, and my house? OMG, it was a disaster and so dirty and ACK! And now? Safely back in my house, it's clean, I'm unpacked, and...my husband wants to move.
Shoot me.