Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sukkot Sanity

Alright, my friends. Winston is out of school for 3 days again next week! I have no problem with him getting extra days away because of where he attends, but it makes him CRAZY! Somewhere inside his very intelligent brain he has convinced himself that it is MY fault that he doesn't have school on certain days.

So I've spent the last 2 days thinking up and planning things for the boys and I to do so that Winston won't turn into a screaming, hitting, uncooperative demon.

Today, we are going to attempt breakfast at Denny's, then the Farmers' Market (I do not like the Farmer's Market, b/c of the people who "attend" every Saturday, but I have to do SOMETHING). After that we have fresh movies from Blockbuster, apple butter to start in the crock pot, a back-of-the-door basketball goal, a tunnel, new library books.... It's going to be a long day...

I have today all planned out on a piece of paper somewhere, I should really find that. Paper found! My writing skills are on serious display this morning. Please forgive me for my poor grammar and unfinished sentences. So on top of all those other things, I have written down that we are playing dress up and dancing to the Halloween music on the TV, possibly going to Hobby Lobby, and painting with apples. Right now, none of this seems possible, but I'm trying to become cheerful and perky.

Sunday is looking like this: Breakfast picnic in the backyard, obtain the newspaper to read comics/look at the ads, ....Well CRAP. Apparently I can't remember anything this morning. Hold on, I'm going to get THE NOTEPAD... Barnes and Noble! That is what's next on the list. I need to get some books for my Mom's birthday anyway, so the boys can come and eat sugary crap and play with trains, etc. After that, please Lord, let there be naptime. Then whatever I can figure out that won't take away from things to do for THREE DAYS after that.

Ugh. It's not that I don't want to do all of these things with the boys. This is just what we used to do before Winston started school. But now that he's into a routine, he gets very defiant about not being in it. Here's hoping that I can make all of this work without killing myself.

Next week he doesn't have school because of a Teacher In-Service Day and Sukkot. I'd like to set up their little play tent and talk about what Sukkot means. I'd also like to take them to the pumpkin patch and on a 3 stop nature walk. Besides that we have Target, Pet Smart, Library, Half-Price Books, WalMart, Park, and very many other things planned for three days of schoolfree time.

That's seriously enough rambling. I'll come back and edit this when I'm awake....

No comments: