Monday, September 29, 2008

Carried Away, Kisses, and Kitsch

I watched the Sex and The City movie last night. I didn't realize how much I had missed those girls. Even Samantha's escapades were reasonably entertaining. Was it cheesy? Oh yes, but I love Carrie Bradshaw. I love her... And Charlotte and Miranda are tied for a close second. Favorite parts, let me see: New Year's. when Miranda kisses Brady instead of Steve, Charlotte crapping her pants, Carrie taking Big's glasses to read the love letters.... There were others, but those are the ones I still remember this morning.

Also, I finally heard "I Kissed A Girl" by Katie Perry on the radio yesterday and I sort of loved it. Her voice is so fun, and the song is very danceable but still raw enough to win over many different kinds of listeners. I think her album, along with A Fine Frenzy, and Joanna Newson, will be on my Christmas list for my brother (He's in college, and CD's are relatively cheap :)).

An enormous amount of vampire books were purchased yesterday at Barnes and Noble (No "s", Erica! hehe). Dead until Dark, Vampire Academy, Frostbite, Succubus Blues, Succubus on Top, and Outlander, which isn't about vampires, but was a book club choice for the club that lead me to all the other ones too! Whew, I have a lot of reading to do...

I made a wreath last night. I will try to link to the inspiration I used after I look it up in the magazine. I think it's in Micheal Mead's Halloween mag this year. It has ravens, pheasant eggs and feathers, Twilight colored feathers, and I'm going to add some braided black ribbon in a couple of places. It looks innocent until you realize that obviously the eggs on the wreath don't belong to the birds, hence the vampire colored feathers...Muhahahaha.....

A Shadow box is in the works next, with a Day of Dead inspired cover from last years Houston something.....(I'll figure this out later too!).

Winston needs a haircut; he is getting called a girl again. The good thing is that his face has changed enough that all it takes it for him to look at the person and they realize he's a boy. Seriously people, just because someone has long hair does not make them a girl, and vise versa...

I have to go make breakfast and change a dirty diaper now. Bye!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only watched the last few episodes of Sex in the City, it used to be on way late here, the movie sounds fun though!

Happy diaper changing :)

CP said...

I think you liked the movie more than I did but I have to agree with you on which moments of the movie I liked the best. I was bawling when Miranda screamed at Steve that he "broke them" outside the rehearsal dinner. Bawling!

I think I'm going to break down and get some more vampire books. I resisted the whole Twilight thing but you were right- loved them!

Miss you on Twitter all day- have you been really busy?

And finally, I'd love to see a photo of this long haired boy of yours! :)

Anonymous said...

I like "I Kissed a Girl," too! I like how sassy she sounds.

My daughter got called a boy CONSTANTLY until her hair got to a certain length. Even when she was wearing ALL PINK.