Monday, June 23, 2008

Does it still count

If I blog in my head but don't actually type it?  I guess not, but I've had some really good posts run through my brain.  Too bad I can't catch most of them.

So, to catch up just a little:  

*Winston is in his third and last week of summer camp.  I was initially very weepy and torn about it all, but he loves it and hasn't had any problems adjusting.  

*The five kinds of pumpkins I planted on June 10th are all growing well.  I have pictures that I'll get posted soon.  I'm really enjoying knowing they're out there and having the boys help me water.  The other night I had a HUGE bowl of water left from washing/draining some fresh spinach.  So I took two measuring spoons and my two boys out to the pumpkin patch and we watered the plants with the spinach water.  They LOVED it.  So funny what makes them giggle and squeal.

*I have taught myself, with the help of a few books, the basics of knitting.  I have almost completed the world's ugliest purple cellphone holder and have started on a baby blanket for Winston.  I have yarn and needles already purchased for some wash cloths for Wednesday.  I've already amassed a good collection of books, blogs, and lofty dreams of what I can accomplish my Christmas.  Super Fun.

*As per my Creative Family goals (still to be blogged, but please just go see Amanda's blog, www.soulemama.com )  we are going outside for SOMETHING every evening after dinner.  Tonight we water the pumpkins, played a little soccer and Frisbee, had some sandbox time, and played some circle games (ring around the rosy).  

*I'm working hard at listening to Winston so he will listen to me.  It's not easy for either of us, but always always always pays off.  Also, I'm focusing on talking to Wednesday more so that he will use the words he knows and talk back.  He's really taken off with his language development with Winston gone during the day at camp.  

I think that's all the bigger stuff that's been going on.  Two funny things that the boys are doing and then I'm going to work on my blog list at the bottom down there.  

Winston's light in his room is broken.  So right now we're just using a table lamp and the natural sunlight.  At night though, after his bath, it's very shadowy in his room with just the lamp on.  When he gets out of the bath tub and is wrapped in a towel he sneaks to his room and says, "there's ghosties in there!", and then greet everyone and everything in his room with the word ghosty attached.  So freakin' cute.  Especially since his brother is always in there waiting for us and stands up to surprise us when we come in.  Also today he said he got to ride in Birky's green carriage in gymnastics at camp.  I'm not sure what that was, but it involved both of the long haired hippy boys in his class!  Ha! 

Wednesday has picked up saying "Ummmm" from his brother and me.  Last night at the little organic grocery store he kept saying it between items on our lists.  It was so cute, he was trying to help me remember by saying "Ummmm".  He also knows the names of almost all of the Pooh character today.  Pooh, Eeyore, Piglet, Tigger.  I'll have to get him to say them again so I can remember his pronunciation.  Also, Bjoo Bjoo, his word for nursing.  I could never get Winston to identify that act with a word.  Wednesday definitely has one.  Yay!


That's all folks.  I still have to tell you about planting the pumpkins on the 10th and post some pictures, but at least I'm here tonight. 

1 comment:

Swistle said...

You know what I need, is a little voice recorder I can wear on a chain around my neck. So every time I have an idea of something to write about, I can just press a button and say the idea. Sure, I would get some funny looks at Target, but it would be WORTH IT.