Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Day

I have lots of things floating around in my head about gardens and trees and things but they aren't quit ready yet.  So lets make a list.  oooh yummy.

Let make an ideal day for me and my boys.  Just to look back on and remember and have for a sort of guide.

*Up at 7:00-7:30>>>time for getting a drink and watching some cartoons and waking up.

*Couch meeting>>>I just read about something like this in The Creative Family.  Lets sit all together with a notepad and everyone get to day what they want/need to do.  Try to say yes as much as possible.

*breakfast, hopefully preplanned and not too time consuming.

*Get dressed already!  Mama is gonna have to start showering at night to save time during the say.

*Take Winston to camp or school if needed, this is why we need to be up by 7ish.

*If Winston is at home then start a regular day

>>>this is the best time of day to take my boys on some kind of outing.  
Library
Bookstore
Blockbuster
Art Museum
To get supplies for a project (Henna?) Michael's, Sun Harvest, Hobby Lobby etc
Target/Walmart, etc
Pet store


Home for Lunch BEFORE naptime, again hopefully preplanned.  Maybe we could start eating at the small table in the den.  So Winston could set the table and we could talk instead of having the TV on.  This would be a fun time to let one of the boys choose a blessing out of a special jar or something.

*Naptime with either a calm movie, or some calm songsongs (youtube videos).  This can be Mama's time for folding clothes, working on inspiration wires, planning meals, or sleeping if needed.

*Up for Snack and another small Tv time to wakeup
>>>Mama can use this time to get some dishes/laundry/picking up done

*Afternoon project/Adventure:  I think this is especially important to me when Winston is away all day.  I want us to have something to look forward to doing all together.
>>>plant pumpkins
tie dye some clothes
embroidery project
make bread/cook something together
art project/gift project etc
extended outdoor/whole house dress up
Do our yoga together (find that ballet exercise show on Ovation)

*Ideally after that we could come inside and:  put on a record/listen to a radio show podcast while creating all together.  The boys could just play, do puzzles, color etc while I knitted or sewed on the sewing machine for a little while.  This would be journal time as well.

*then it would be time to fix dinner.  I would love to have the boys in the kitchen with me, or making music with all of their instruments during this time.  Also, Winston could help me fix his lunch for the next day too.

*I want us to eat together at the table more, even if we have to go outside.  I want to have a family breath and say a blessing.  This way the boys can start setting the table with The Mr. and being an even bigger part of helping with dinner

*Then it's play outside time!  Mama can garden, The Mr. can work outside and the boys can be boys.  Family walks too.

*Inside for a video and a drink before bed.

*then bedtime routine of jammies, stories, brush teeth, and then songs with The Mr. for Winston.

*Ideally then I would have energy left to read and blog before conking out.

I'm still working out what I'm going to do with just Wednesday for most of the day while Winston is at camp.  

*read more stories
*side by side art and talk about colors
*appts/errands where one kid is just easier to handle
*bath by himself
*sand box 
*blocks(give him his new Noah blocks on Monday!)


That was easier than I thought!  I'm excited to spend some time with just him.  I don't think he's taken a bath by himself in over a year!  That will be so fun to see.


This is why I'm trying to get everything, especially the boys things, so organized.  I want to be able to have these distinct times without there being clutter in the way making it difficult.  

So enough babbling.  But that felt really good to me.  Hopefully it will help.  Yay!

1 comment:

Swistle said...

This looks really good! With summer coming up, I've been wondering how I'm going to structure our days. I took notes!