Sunday, July 5, 2009

About Last Night

Last year we ended up parked on the Harbor Bridge.  We left too early this year and went down to North Beach instead.  Right as we got out of the van

the 
fireworks
started!

Winston was AMAZED.  He stood, holding my parents hands.  Wednesday was on my hip while I held onto my beloved with my other hand.  

I always HATED fireworks before I had the boys.  They were loud and wasteful, and I just didn't care for them.  This year I cried.  I cried for the change that I still hope will come for our country, for the imminent end to the war that I long for, for the baby boy growing in my belly and my family all together.  

Winston walked back and grabbed his Papa's hand, "give me a kissy" I said, and he pooched out his gorgeous lips and kissed my teary face.

My precious boys.  My parents that I love more now than I ever have because we've accepted each other.  

Thanks, God.  I'm grateful to be an American.  I'm hopeful that it will only get better.

No comments: