Saturday, July 5, 2008

Sea of Love


(I wrote this last Sunday and then forgot to push publish.  I didn't want it to interfere with contest stuff so I've held on to it...)

We just got home from the beach. It was fantastic. My legs feel like noodles and my brain is nice and sun-fuzzy. We took the surfboard and The Mr. caught a couple of small waves. Winston sat on the board and The Mr. pushed him with the wave. That child just balanced perfectly on the surfboard for 15 yards or so. He just sat there like it was the easiest thing he'd ever done. He is my husband's child through and through.

Wednesday was not fond of the scratchy seaweed today. I wrote their names in the sand with my foot and he sat down to play. I showed him how to press the wet sand into his legs and feet and he was completely enamored. I offered him my feet too and he was in heaven. The partly dried sand looked like elephant skin, or really good brownies, all brown and cracked. I wet his hair in the water and the curl it created was shaped like the caricature of a wave. Perfect beach hair without even knowing it.

We ate figs from the Farmers' Market yesterday and drank big glugs of Fresca straight from the bottle. It was a great trip. The pool noodle even made an appearance toward the end.

Here's a song to help set the tone of our beach noodleness...

No comments: