Sunday, July 20, 2008

Bebellyboo's Book Meme

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cookiemonks/2651145275/


So the best I can get my 2 computers to do is a link to the mosaic I created for Bebellyboo's meme. But let's talk about them like we can see them anyway,ok? The purpose of this meme was to type in the names of your favorite books and authors and choose the photos you liked best.

1. Jane Eyre: This is one of those books that I hug. I read it in high school and have seen every movie multiple times. I love Jane.

2. American Gods: Neil Gaiman: This is a great illustration. If you haven't read this book I think everyone should. So much mythology and religion and great writing all together.

3. The Red Tent: I read this while I was pregnant with Winston and in was very empowering. A retelling of biblical stories from Dinah's perspective. Fabulous book.

4. Brave New World: Aldous Huxley: Another one I read in high school that changed everything. You must read this book if you haven't, I think we have 3 copies in the house.

5. The House of the Spirits: Isabel Allende: I love Isabel Allende period, but this is the first book I read by her and it is so sweeping and magical. It pulls you into another beautiful world.

6. Waiting for Birdy: Catherine Newman: I love love LOVE Catherine. If there was such a thing as a writer crush, she would be mine. I read this while I was waiting for Wednesday. It was the best book I read in preparation for having two kids.

7. Tenderhooks: Beth Ann Fennelly: She is a fantastic poet. There is one poem in this collection about nursing that makes me think of Wednesday when he was so tiny. This is the second book I've by her. I read Great With Child first, which is also so beautiful.

8. Anne Lamott: I've read everything she's published. I love her. I love her aunties. They make me feel better every time we go to the beach.

9. Olivia: Ian Falconer: I read these books before I had children and loved them, but my boys think they're hilarious as well. Olivia and the Missing Toy is their favorite.

10. Eloise: I never read Eloise as a child. Sad times. The boys and I watched the movies first and then I bought a big collection of the stories from Half Price Books. She is a funniest little girl I have ever read about. The way she speaks is spot on for laughs, especially for Winston.

11. Bitten: Kelley Armstrong: These books are on the light side, but I love them. Werewolves, vampires, demons, witches. They are so addictive. My bookshelf looks just like the one in the picture with my books are crazy.

12. Queen of the Damned: Best Anne Rice book. I love this book still and Stewart Townsend was a much better Lestat in the movie. I love Jesse and the wall with all the family in it.

This was such a fun idea and I'm so glad I did it. There are other books I could add but this is a pretty fair representation of my reading history and preferences. Happy reading everyone. I still have The Host and Suzanne Finnamore's newest book in my to-read pile.

P.S. I added links! Woohoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh yay! Someone did my meme!! I love your mosaic and your descriptions of why you chose them. I will have to add some of them to my to read list!